Sunday, April 3, 2011

Singapore Part Three

The last holiday post..... On our last day in Singapore we took the cable car over to Sentosa Island.  We have been on a few scary cable car rides... we agreed that the worst one was in Langkawi in Malaysia, although the glass bottom in the cable car in Hong Kong was kinda spooky! I think the weird thing about cable cars is the silence when the are running.....

 Over in Sentosa we went to Universal Studios which was fantastic.  We never went to Universal Studios in LA and regret it (good reason to go back right?) and this one in Singapore was probably not as big but it was certainly very polished. We went on a few rides (neither of the guys were all that brave and I wasn't going on rides by myself!!) but I think one of the funnest things about the place was the American-ness of it all! There was a huge Hershey store, there was a down town New York section of the park and we had Chilli's for lunch.  I also discovered one of THE. BEST. THINGS. IN. THE. ENTIRE WORLD.
http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/


 We saw Shrek briefly....!

That night we went out to the Raffles Hotel to have Singapore Slings - Delish!


 The Long bar of the Raffles hotel.


After cocktails we took ourselves up to the top of the funny ship thing on top of the three towers that you could see from the previous photos.  It was very cool.  Awesome views and there was a jazz band playing up there and another bar! Beers at 80 stories anyone? Why yes I think I will.


Oh - and my soon to be husband had flowers delivered to our room after the proposal, this photo was taken in our hotel room when we were just about to go to the airport - I was sad to leave such pretty flowers behind!
All in all it was the most amazing holiday, the food, the company, the sights - I just loved it.  Let's do it all again tomorrow! Now I just need someone to go to work for me and pay all my bills.... Takers?

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I want to go on vacation with you again!!!!!!! Next time we are together we must have a Singapore sling too, they sound so good and fruity.

    ReplyDelete