Sunday, April 24, 2011

Engagement party!

We had a great night on the 16th, about 70 people turned up to help us celebrate at a friend's plantation.  We decorated the inside of his huge shed with streamers and balloons hung from the roof via forklift.  We had a huge pig on a spit donated through a friend of a friend.  It was about 48kg dressed out so it was more than enough food! Also we had bread rolls and gravy, veggie platters, nibbly platters and delicious homemade Vietnamese spring rolls.  We had huge eskies filled with beer wine and soft drink and margaritas on tap and lots of champagne for toasts and speeches.  And we had the most beautiful homemade cake made by my talented friend Ali from work.

After dinner we had a couple of short speeches - Justin may act tough but he made a sweet speech that brought a tear to the eye! What a man... :)

After that it was time to party - we had a rotating disco light and a dance floor area set up and it was very well used! Leigh - I took a photo of the fold up shoes you got me - (I got rid of my fancy shoes when the dancing started and went for the comfort of fold-up flats)  - they ALMOST have a hole worn through them - I tried! My legs were so sore the next day from all the dancing!

It was really great to see a lot of people that we can't normally catch up with - Justin's brother and fiance drove all the way up from Perth (a 2000km round trip) just for the party, Justin best friend came all the way from Southern Cross (a 3000km round trip!) and we had a couple of friends travel up from Geraldton as well (5 hours drive) as well as Justin's dad and step mum who we never seem to see enough of and Justin's step brother and his fiance.  It was really touching for me to see so many of the people I care about in the one place at the one time!

However I spent (as did Justin) the whole time talking to all these people (well all the time I wasn't dancing) and NOT taking photos..... so here some of the only ones we have!
 The set up of the inside of shed
 The marker at the entrance to the plantation! Made by Justin .....
 Ali's beautiful cake!
One of the only photos of us from the night!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, Thanks for posting!!! I know what you mean about not taking pictures, I always forget... I am too busy having fun. You just need Lily around more often, she is always taking photos! It looks like so much fun we are all so sad to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! At least a few pics, we could "picture" ourselves there!! Sorry we missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh yeah! i totally would snap a ton of photos :D thanks for the post i have been looking forward to hearing about your big bash :)

    ReplyDelete