Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm baaaack!

OK after a brief hiatus I am back.  We had a great time in Perth and didn't even complain too much about the cold.  We sampled heaps of amazing wines in Margaret River and bought more than a few (its hard to limit yourself when so many taste so good!).  We had some great meals both out at restaurants and in with grandad when we were back in Perth.  We came back to work and hit the ground running.
Here are a couple of pics....

Sign at Hay Shed Hill winery restaurant



A stormy day at Prevelley Point

Lunch at Cullen's winery

A few beers at Bootleg Brewery - as they say 'An oasis of beer in a desert of wine'

A few of the restraunts we went to were:
 http://www.clairaultwines.com.au/ just amazing, one of the best meals I have eaten in memory.  Glad that I will be going back there within the year and taking a whole bunch of friends!
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/338/1544898/restaurant/Perth/What-the-Pho-Northbridge who can resist a Vietnamese pho bar, particularly one with a cool name like "What the Pho"
*Vietnamese pronunciation note: Pho is pronounced 'fuh'.  Yes I am still going to Vietnamese language classes.  Yes my Vietnamese still is fairly crappy.  Yes Iron Chef's mum laughs at me and pretends to understand me when I say things to her.  No I fail miserably when it comes to understanding things she says to me.  Sigh. I will keep trying!
http://www.sanchurro.com/ Spanish hot chocolate you rock my world
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/338/1425609/restaurant/Perth/Hawkers-Cuisine-Northbridge Another place without its own website BUT absolutely topping my list of places to eat in Perth.  The roti cani was delicious and their spicy tofu was devoured by our table of four within minutes... luckily they happily brought another serving for round two.

3 comments:

  1. Before I got to the end of the blog - the surf photo at Prevelley Point is wonderful!! I will be there sometime.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have been, and I will go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i checked out a couple other foodie blogs about that last restaurant you listed, it looks absolutely delish!!

    ReplyDelete