Friday, May 20, 2011

School ball stylist & make-up artist

Today I helped a good friend of mine Katelyn go to her school ball.  It was a last minute decision for her to go so with only ten days before the ball we had to find her a dress, shoes, jewelery, etc, etc, etc.  And in a small country town that's not the sort of thing you can just go shopping for! We hadn't left enough time to get something sent up from Perth but luckily there were many willing donors of dresses/shoes/jewelery around town.

That's her on the left.  What a knock-out.



I did her make-up and my good friend Ali from work (who I think may have missed her calling in the hairdressing profession!) styled her hair.  After a couple of quick lessons in walking in high heals and a late night Thursday night perfecting the manicure and pedicure she was ready to go!
She won best dressed and got a certificate and a gift voucher :)



Somehow I agreed to not only pick her up from the ball but also deliver her to and collect her from the afterball held from midnight till 2am.... so here I am blogging and drinking cups of tea to stay awake on my friday night, remembering the balls and after parties I went to and feeling a little old...... Happy, tired and old!

2 comments: