Saturday, March 19, 2011

A break from Vietnam....

I felt the need to share with you.... a moment I have had more than once in my life.  It's quiet.  I'm alone.  I've had a glass or two of wine.  And I'm playing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k

What an amazing piece of music.

I challenge you to DO anything while listening to this.  It is just about impossible.  It requires undivided attention.

Long before any lyrics are sung I have already had two or three sets of goosebumps.

I remember being a thirteen year old (and knowing it all by the way) and grabbing "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" double album from my mom's CD collection.  Of course she had educated me in Pink Floyd years previously with the record of a live performance of Dark Side of The Moon and I had enjoyed it (in a way that only a 13 year old can enjoy music their parent has encouraged them to listen to) but had always been particularly fond of this track.... all 12 minutes of it.

Loud.

1 comment:

  1. It's not just wine - you get goosebumps with coffee, too :-) Enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete