Friday, October 1, 2010

Saturday... and Why I Am Not A Great Blogger

So I have decided that I am probably a poor candidate to have a blog.... Although I have plenty of experiences, recipes, occasions etc that are worthy of being blogged about I am terrible at photographing them all. There it is, it's all out in the open now.  I can't take a photo of that great meal I have just cooked - not because I am a bad photographer but because I am greedy and want to eat it.  I can't capture that great laugh and smile that someone had on their face because I am too busy enjoying the joke to whip out the camera.  And I can't show you how great that sunset was because I was too busy drinking my beer and watching it for real. So now that I have put this out in the public forum we will have to agree that on this blog there is likely to be much more typing than pictures!
This morning mom came over and we had homemade breakfast sausage on the barbeque with fried eggs, toast, smokey beans and then a fruit platter for brunch.  It was all very good! Australia does not make a breakfast sausage that tastes anything like American breakfast sausage so it has to be DIY.  I have found a good recipe (and interesting blog to read) here:http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2008/02/breakfast-sausage-to-begin-day.html
After that then it became a regular Saturday: reloading, cleaning guns, putting brass from last week in the tumbler, picking up all the spent primers off the floor, missing one and stepping on it and swearing..... fairly typical Saturday stuff. We usually have about 100 rounds each to use every Saturday for a club competition and can get it done in about 45 minutes.
Yes this is the same table in the foreground that minutes previously was a breakfast table.  We have a small but versatile house!



1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, I'm too busy to take a picture! I do have some stacked up though, so I am thinking my problem is strait-up lazy :) Sigh....must work harder!

    ReplyDelete